Today we have discuss about a very intensive topic as you seen in title while moving further get a little introduction about surrogacy and surrogate mothers.
Surrogacy and Surrogate Mothers
Get a brief note on the topic.
What is Surrogacy
Surrogacy is a process where a woman makes an agreement to carry a baby for someone or for a couple. The woman who carries the baby gives it to their parents after birth in accordance with the contract. In simple terms, a surrogacy is when couples choose a surrogate mother to carry their baby and after delivery give them back to them.
What is Surrogate Mother
Surrogate mothers are women who carry a child for couples in exchange for the surrogacy fee or as per signed agreement..
Types of Surrogate Mother
Surrogates come in two types. Let us describe each.
- Traditional Surrogate
- Gestational Surrogate
1. Traditional Surrogate
In a traditional also known as natural or straight surrogacy process the surrogate carries only fathers sperms in an artificial way for insemination (for getting pregnent). The Insemination process is done through both natural and artificial ways.
As a result, traditional surrogates are biological mothers of the child that was carried for surrogacy because the eggs of a surrogate are fertilized by the father’s sperms or a donor’s sperms in this process.
In accordance with the agreement, the surrogate mother will give the baby to its guardian or father after birth.
2. Gestational Surrogate
Gestational Surrogacy is also known as full or host surrogacy. The process of gestational surrogacy occurs with help of IVF technology In Vitro Fertilization.
With IVF technology the egg of a mother or a donor is fertilized with father or donor sperm and after fertilization the embryo is placed on the uterus of a gestational surrogate.
Gestational surrogacy has different types but one thing is common in every type that the child is genetically unrelated to the surrogate mother.
Forms of Gestational Surrogacy
- The embryo is created with intended father sperm and intended mother sperm for gestational surrogacy.
- Also you can make an embryo with intended father sperm with a donors eggs.
- The embryo process is also done with intended mother eggs and with donors sperm.
- One more form of gestational surrogacy is that the donor embryo is created with some other donor sperms and donor eggs. Then the donor embryo is placed in the uterus of the surrogate. In this form the child is also genetically unrelated to the intended parents.
Traditional Surrogate Step by Step Process.
- Choose a Surrogate.
- Sign a Legal contract and have it reviewed.
- You can go through the IUI process either with your intended father or with donor sperms.
- Follow the Pregnancy if it did not work, repeat the process.
Gestational Surrogate Step by Step Process.
- First you need to choose a surrogate from a surrogate agency.
- Sign a Legal Contract with a surrogate agency.
- If you are using intended mother eggs go through egg retrieval process if not intended mother choose a donor egg.
- Now you can create an embryo with the father sperm or donor sperm.
- Place the embryo on the uterus of a gestational surrogate.
(If it Stick- follow the pregnancy if not then both intended parents and surrogate need to pursue the new IVF cycle)
Cost of Surrogacy Process
The cost or expense of the surrogacy process depends on the type and where you live. The average gestational surrogacy cost is between $90000 to $130,000.
This includes everything (health care cost, legal fee and other problem arises fee) from the time of conception to the day the child is born.
Why To Choose Surrogacy
Several reasons are here that explain why people choose Surogacy . Let us take a closer look at these.
- Women are often unable to conceive with children or to carry on to term if they suffer from health issues.
- Couples suffering from infertility issues are less likely to carry a child, that’s why they choose surrogacy.
- The majority of single people are seeking biological children that’s why they go for the surrogacy process.
- Same-sex couples wish to have children whether both are male or female the can go for surrogacy for their chielderns.
How To Find a Surrogate
In the United States and Other european countries there are surrogate centers and surrogate agencies from where you can find a surrogate. It is important for parents or donors to meet the requirements of surrogate agencies to find the best match for themselves.
Some Religious Issues on Surrogacy
Here we discuss surrogacy from different religious perspectives.
In the first place one of the big populated religions in the word catholicism is opposed to surrogacy.
In Religion Islam the surrogacy process is completely forbidden.
The jewish communities are in favour of surrogacy and they support surrogacy in their countries.
Although the Hindu scholars will never debate on a topic like this, countries like India having large numbers of hindu populations are the center of surrogacy today.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQS
Q. How does surrogate mother get pregnant?
A. The Surrogate mother gets pregnant through in vitro fertilization Technology (IVF Technology).
Q. What is surrogacy method?
A. The method in which the surrogate mother accept to carry a baby of a couple or intended parents in her belly.
Q. Can a woman carry another woman’s egg?
A. Yes in gestational surrogacy process the surrogate mother carries an intended mothers eggs for pregnancy process.
Q. Will the baby look like the surrogate mother?
A. Yes just in case if you choose traditional surrogate the baby may be looks like the surrogate mother.
Q. How much did Kim K pay her surrogate?
A. The Kim and Kanye’s Surrogate receive $45000 paid in monthly installment of $4500.
After reading this complete article I hope you will get all the basics of surrogacy process and all your confusions are hopefully cleared by this article. You can drop a message in comments session for any query or help.